Tahoe Community Church Food Pantry is very grateful for the support of this community as we feed those in need from both the California and Nevada sides .Thank you to American Century and the LTVA for the generous donation to our food pantry. Many thanks to the Salvation Army for turkeys, and to Montbleu and its employees for the turkeys and bags of fixings, that we gave out at Thanksgiving. Thank you to Harrah’s / Harveys for the use of its freezer to store our turkeys. Thanks to Cub Scout Troop 592 for their service in helping to carry the Thanksgiving Dinner Bags to the cars of our clients. A special thanks to all our volunteers.Many thanks to the Whittell High School students who donated the nonperishable food they collected from their successful food drive. We are greatful for the community’s partnership with our food pantry!Kathy PavichZephyr Cove
- National Weather Service issues winter storm warning for Lake Tahoe (video)
- Hiker killed in avalanche in Sierra Nevada
- Curl up with a Kindle: 12 winter reads perfect for the holidays
- Barton Foundation's Festival of Trees and Lights has something for everyone
- Pet column: Should you give a dog a bone?