At this time of coming together and giving thanks, the committee and the board of directors for Ordinary People meeting Extraordinary Needs would like to extend gratitude to the following groups for their generous donations: Barton Healthcare Foundation, Ernie’s Coffee Shop and Caf, Kiwanis Club of South Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe Visitor’s Authority, Soroptimist International of South Lake Tahoe, Tahoe Derby Dames, Tahoe Douglas Rotary and Women of the Moose.We would also like to thank all of the individuals who have made personal contributions and the member’s of our community, who donate and participate in our fundraising events such as Burger Night. Thanks to your generous donations, we were able to fulfill 120 requests for aid so far this year. Included in this aid were medication co-pays, medical equipment and transportation to specialty clinics outside the Tahoe Basin. Impressively, OPEN volunteers have provided more than 14,000 miles of transportation divided into 101 total trips, 16 of which were for children.It is no secret that we have a distinctive sense of community here in South Lake Tahoe, and with your support, we here at OPEN hope to continue extending a helping hand to those who need it. Sue Jackson OPEN
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Smoke from Soberanes, Sand fires filtering into Tahoe Basin