As it is the season of giving, I would like to see if we are all up to a challenge. My sources tell me that the Boys & Girls Club of South Lake Tahoe, an organization that serves hundreds of our children annually, is in a shortfall of $50,000! It seems to me that as a community of roughly 20,000 (so let’s assume that is about 10,000 able adults!), we could raise this money in a matter of days if each and every one of us contributes $5.Five dollars. The cost of a Venti Mocha at Starbucks; the cost of paid parking at the gondola to ski for two hours; cost of half of a movie ticket; or roughly the cost of a gallon of milk!So, I challenge each and every one of you to do one of the following threee methods of donations right now:1. Stop by the Boys and Girls Club of South Lake Tahoe at 1100 Lyons Ave. and donate $5 in cash 2. Get out your checkbook and mail in $5 to P.O. Box 17846, South Lake Tahoe, CA 961513. Pull out that credit card and donate online at http://tinyurl.com/donatebgcOur Boys & Girls Club here of South Lake Tahoe is a vital after-school program for a multitude of families. If we donate together as a community, we will be allowing the Boys & Girls Club staff to do their job of educating, caring for and bonding with the children of South Lake Tahoe rather than fundraising! Join in the season of giving ... be a part of this amazingly generous community. Thank you.Kathy HavenSouth Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe tuber sustains 'serious' injuries from boat propellers; transported to Reno for medical treatment
- Three assaults on women in South Lake Tahoe over the last year possibly connected
- Scientists: Climate change tightening 'alarming' grip on Lake Tahoe
- Obituary: Douglas Harmon Sprague, Oct. 15, 1932 - July 19, 2016
- Letter: 'Affordable housing in Tahoe is nonexistent'