Since Dec. 1, Timber Cove Lodge in South Lake Tahoe has been operating under a new name and is no longer associated with the Best Western brand.The new name of the property is The Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe, and new signage and uniforms will reflect the change. By the end of the year, the business also plans to unveil new collateral, new menus, a new restaurant concept and new service standards. Next year, the business plans to update rooms and renovate other areas of the lodge.The property has also hired Steve Scheck as the new general manager. He is responsible for overall management and day-to-day operations of the hotel.Scheck previously served as a general manager for several California properties, including the Marin Suites Hotel in Corte Madera. He graduated from teh hospitality management program at Cornell University and has also worked with the 21 Club in New York City, Marriott Corp., and the Lodge and Convetion Center in Hershey, Penn.For more information, visit www.tahoebeachretreat.com or call 1-800-972-8558.
- New South Lake Tahoe venue brings live magic show, dining
- Soak it in: Hot springs in the Reno-Tahoe region offer warm respite from winter
- Winter White party: Riva Grill hosts annual TRYP celebration (photos)
- Letter: Loop Road project should go underground
- Obituary: Michael P. Sheehan, Mar. 12, 1970 ~ Nov. 21, 2015