TAHOE CITY, Calif. - The Tahoe Music Institute will host its first community recital featuring the hidden classical talents of the Tahoe area on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 4 p.m. at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe in Tahoe City. Music selections include J.S. Bach, Amy Beach, Elliott Carter, Ignaz Pleyel and Gabriel Faure, which will be performed on piano, violin, clarinet and French horn. And don't miss the newly formed Lake Forest Clarinet Quartet that will also be making their debut performance. The recital is free and open to the public. Feeling tipsy? The Tahoe Music Institute will be accepting donations to help fund lessons for local students. For more information, call 530-581-0618 or visit www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
- Epic Discovery launches at Heavenly Mountain Resort in Tahoe (video)
- Leaving a legacy: Softball, basketball mainstay Barcellos honored as South Tahoe Girls Athlete of the Year
- $10.5 million Lake Tahoe home makes HGTV's House Hunt
- Rock Tahoe Half Marathon returns to South Shore for second year; more than 1,500 race along Lake Tahoe
- Increased plague risk at Lake Tahoe's Fallen Leaf Campground; area to close briefly for pesticide treatments