TAHOE CITY, Calif. - The Tahoe Music Institute will host its first community recital featuring the hidden classical talents of the Tahoe area on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 4 p.m. at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe in Tahoe City. Music selections include J.S. Bach, Amy Beach, Elliott Carter, Ignaz Pleyel and Gabriel Faure, which will be performed on piano, violin, clarinet and French horn. And don't miss the newly formed Lake Forest Clarinet Quartet that will also be making their debut performance. The recital is free and open to the public. Feeling tipsy? The Tahoe Music Institute will be accepting donations to help fund lessons for local students. For more information, call 530-581-0618 or visit www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
- Boy, 13, killed by train near Truckee late Sunday afternoon
- Woman, 61, suspected of embezzling $850,000 from Lake Tahoe business
- Drought means Nevada, Lake Tahoe in line for busy bear season (w/ video)
- Truckee River's level drops after flow from reservoir halted
- Earth Day: Conserving water at Lake Tahoe key focus amid California drought