TAHOE CITY, Calif. - The Tahoe Music Institute will host its first community recital featuring the hidden classical talents of the Tahoe area on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 4 p.m. at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe in Tahoe City. Music selections include J.S. Bach, Amy Beach, Elliott Carter, Ignaz Pleyel and Gabriel Faure, which will be performed on piano, violin, clarinet and French horn. And don't miss the newly formed Lake Forest Clarinet Quartet that will also be making their debut performance. The recital is free and open to the public. Feeling tipsy? The Tahoe Music Institute will be accepting donations to help fund lessons for local students. For more information, call 530-581-0618 or visit www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Tahoe’s South Shore expected to receive brunt of weekend storm
- Leonard Nimoy – Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek,’ former Tahoe homeowner — dies at 83
- Truckee Police logs: Women punch, kick woman suspected of having affair
- Sierra Sun editorial: Community grows strong in Tahoe City