TAHOE CITY, Calif. - The Tahoe Music Institute will host its first community recital featuring the hidden classical talents of the Tahoe area on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 4 p.m. at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe in Tahoe City. Music selections include J.S. Bach, Amy Beach, Elliott Carter, Ignaz Pleyel and Gabriel Faure, which will be performed on piano, violin, clarinet and French horn. And don't miss the newly formed Lake Forest Clarinet Quartet that will also be making their debut performance. The recital is free and open to the public. Feeling tipsy? The Tahoe Music Institute will be accepting donations to help fund lessons for local students. For more information, call 530-581-0618 or visit www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
- Attorney alleges negligence, prejudice in South Lake Tahoe officer-involved shooting
- Obituary: Scott Michael Perasso
- Singled out? With Valentine's Day around the corner, what is the online dating scene like at Lake Tahoe?
- Georgetown narcotics arrest connected to fatal shooting
- Drug agent admits to trafficking in Nevada's Douglas County Court