TAHOE CITY, Calif. - The Tahoe Music Institute will host its first community recital featuring the hidden classical talents of the Tahoe area on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 4 p.m. at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe in Tahoe City. Music selections include J.S. Bach, Amy Beach, Elliott Carter, Ignaz Pleyel and Gabriel Faure, which will be performed on piano, violin, clarinet and French horn. And don't miss the newly formed Lake Forest Clarinet Quartet that will also be making their debut performance. The recital is free and open to the public. Feeling tipsy? The Tahoe Music Institute will be accepting donations to help fund lessons for local students. For more information, call 530-581-0618 or visit www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
- Man threatens to jump from eighth-story ledge
- Truckee Police Logs: 86 pounds of pot leads to three felony arrests
- Lake Tahoe weather: Storm could bring foot of snow up top
- Testimony: Drug dealer and wife gagged, beat and raped victim
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly