TAHOE CITY, Calif. - The Tahoe Music Institute will host its first community recital featuring the hidden classical talents of the Tahoe area on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 4 p.m. at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe in Tahoe City. Music selections include J.S. Bach, Amy Beach, Elliott Carter, Ignaz Pleyel and Gabriel Faure, which will be performed on piano, violin, clarinet and French horn. And don't miss the newly formed Lake Forest Clarinet Quartet that will also be making their debut performance. The recital is free and open to the public. Feeling tipsy? The Tahoe Music Institute will be accepting donations to help fund lessons for local students. For more information, call 530-581-0618 or visit www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
- Truckee officials: Peers, residents enable youth drug use
- South Tahoe council denies permit for 420 concert featuring Julian Marley
- Prostate cancer is the silent, but deadly disease
- Food Bank to hold Hunger Response Network meeting in South Lake Tahoe
- CA gas prices hit $4.16 per gallon; Truckee’s at $4.46