TAHOE CITY, Calif. - The Tahoe Music Institute will host its first community recital featuring the hidden classical talents of the Tahoe area on Sunday, Dec. 16 at 4 p.m. at the Sawtooth Ridge Cafe in Tahoe City. Music selections include J.S. Bach, Amy Beach, Elliott Carter, Ignaz Pleyel and Gabriel Faure, which will be performed on piano, violin, clarinet and French horn. And don't miss the newly formed Lake Forest Clarinet Quartet that will also be making their debut performance. The recital is free and open to the public. Feeling tipsy? The Tahoe Music Institute will be accepting donations to help fund lessons for local students. For more information, call 530-581-0618 or visit www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
- 5 drought-related concerns for your pets at Lake Tahoe
- Free Will Astrology: Libra, be sure to take good care of yourself
- Truckee land trust plans purchase of historic Donner Summit climbing area
- Two wrecks cause injuries, traffic delays
- Will this be Tahoe City's new look? Fanny Bridge project nears vote