“As always, an awesome group of Heavenly volunteers” was how the Heavenly Mountain Resort Adopt A Day sponsor crew was described by the Bread & Broth volunteer coordinator for the Nov. 15 Monday evening meal. Due to their repeated stints of Bread & Broth volunteering, most of the Heavenly sponsor crew members are seasoned AAD helpers and their experience is greatly appreciated by the regular Bread & Broth volunteers. The evening’s Heavenly AAD volunteer team was manned by Pete Sontag, general manager; Eric Anderson, base operations supervisor; Phil Demus, facility maintenance manager; Tom Fortune, director of base operations and Tom Maugeri, security manager. Along with the Bread & Broth volunteer crew, the Heavenly crew helped bag baked goods, fruits and vegetables donated by local stores for take home, served more than 100 meals and assisted with the evenings cleanup.Bread & Broth is extremely thankful for Heavenly Mountain Resort’s support in providing a hot, well-balanced meal to needy members of the South Lake Tahoe community. Bread & Broth would like to salute Heavenly and their employees for their dedication to providing a unique and exhilarating skiing experience and their generous commitment of time and money to the community of South Lake Tahoe.Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Smoke from Soberanes, Sand fires filtering into Tahoe Basin