The South Tahoe Santa Run will take place Thursday and will benefit Christmas Cheer and the Heavenly Ski & Snowboard Foundation.All participants must be in Santa attire or other form of holiday clothing — at least black pants, a red shirt and a Santa hat. Prizes will be awarded to the top three finishers and to the person with the best costume.Reigstration will take place from 4-5 p.m. at Blue Angel Cafe, 1132 Ski Run Boulevard. All Santas will need to be at the Blue Angel Caf and checked in a registration by 5:15 p.m. to participate. The run will begin at 5:30 p.m. at the Blue Angel Loft and will end at Himmel Haus, 3819 Saddle Road. A decorated holiday Rainbow Mountain bus playing music and filled with toys will follow the Santas.The entry fee is $20 before race day and $30 the day of the race, plus an unwrapped toy donation.To register, visit www.heavenlyfoundationteam.org or in person at Himmel Haus. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/southtahoesantarun.
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels
- Wildlife officials kill second 'dangerous' Lake Tahoe bear in span of 3 days
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more