My daughter will be 3 years old in February and is trying to grasp the concept of Christmas, the holiday spirit, and most of all giving and saying “thank you.” Our neighbors told us that the lighted firetruck was in the area. We waited patiently by the window hoping the firetruck might come down our street. For her it was almost like saying Santa Clause will be coming down the chimney. Is it really going to happen? Yes. It is, and it will. Please be patient. She was, and sure enough here comes the beautiful firetruck! They stopped outside our home out and gave us candy canes. I teared up as she looked in awe and said “Thank you. Merry Christmas!” Thank you for making her year SLTFD! Most of all thank you for serving, helping, and protecting this great community. Kaia BeckstromSouth Lake Tahoe
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Smoke from Soberanes, Sand fires filtering into Tahoe Basin