My daughter will be 3 years old in February and is trying to grasp the concept of Christmas, the holiday spirit, and most of all giving and saying “thank you.” Our neighbors told us that the lighted firetruck was in the area. We waited patiently by the window hoping the firetruck might come down our street. For her it was almost like saying Santa Clause will be coming down the chimney. Is it really going to happen? Yes. It is, and it will. Please be patient. She was, and sure enough here comes the beautiful firetruck! They stopped outside our home out and gave us candy canes. I teared up as she looked in awe and said “Thank you. Merry Christmas!” Thank you for making her year SLTFD! Most of all thank you for serving, helping, and protecting this great community. Kaia BeckstromSouth Lake Tahoe
- 'True Squallywood legend' | Tahoe photographer beginning road to recovery after spinal cord injury
- Truckee Police Logs: 86 pounds of pot leads to three felony arrests
- Testimony: Drug dealer and wife gagged, beat and raped victim
- IVGID board chairman, vice-chair blast GM Pinkerton; time for him 'to go'
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly