TRUCKEE, Calif. - The fifth annual Night in Bethlehem was the biggest one yet. Hundreds of people, both young and old, wandered the facsimile village facsimile of first century Bethlehem that was set up in the sanctuary at Sierra Bible Church. More than 250 children took part in the treasure hunt that required them to interview 10 of Bethlehem's residents and visitors, including, the census taker, the tax collector, Roman soldiers, shop keepers, as well as Joseph and Mary. Parents of these children voiced the fact that a Night in Bethlehem is becoming part of their Christmas family traditions.
Night in Bethehem a huge success
Trending in: News
- SoCal man, 42, drowns in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Fire chief: Person flown to hospital after nearly drowning in Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina investigated for illegally grading state land
- California water restrictions already in place in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe City man, 21, suspected of DUI in major-injury crash