TRUCKEE, Calif. - The fifth annual Night in Bethlehem was the biggest one yet. Hundreds of people, both young and old, wandered the facsimile village facsimile of first century Bethlehem that was set up in the sanctuary at Sierra Bible Church. More than 250 children took part in the treasure hunt that required them to interview 10 of Bethlehem's residents and visitors, including, the census taker, the tax collector, Roman soldiers, shop keepers, as well as Joseph and Mary. Parents of these children voiced the fact that a Night in Bethlehem is becoming part of their Christmas family traditions.
Night in Bethehem a huge success
Trending in: News
- Man dies in drowning incident at Lake Tahoe
- NorCal wildfire destroys 10 homes; smoke filtering into Truckee area
- Lake Tahoe resort investigated for dumping pool water
- North Tahoe to enforce drought restrictions for residents, businesses
- Truckee’s Squeeze In ready to franchise; opens Bay Area location