TRUCKEE, Calif. - The fifth annual Night in Bethlehem was the biggest one yet. Hundreds of people, both young and old, wandered the facsimile village facsimile of first century Bethlehem that was set up in the sanctuary at Sierra Bible Church. More than 250 children took part in the treasure hunt that required them to interview 10 of Bethlehem's residents and visitors, including, the census taker, the tax collector, Roman soldiers, shop keepers, as well as Joseph and Mary. Parents of these children voiced the fact that a Night in Bethlehem is becoming part of their Christmas family traditions.
Night in Bethehem a huge success
Trending in: News
- King Fire up to 70,000-plus acres; Tahoe fire officials: ‘have a plan ready’
- Man, 37, suspected of starting King Fire; bail set at $10 million
- Meet Your Merchant: Riders get back in the saddle at Piping Rock Equestrian Center
- Ironman Tahoe officials eye smoke patterns; Sunday’s race still a go
- Athletes prepare for Sunday’s challenging Ironman Lake Tahoe