Edgewood Companies, owner of Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course & Restaurant, has donated a total of $22,000 to local nonprofits.The donations were part of the company’s 2012 holiday giving campaign, which focuses on groups that reach out to the less fortunate in the community, particularly children and the hungry, according to a press release. This year, 13 organizations each received a donation ranging from $1000-2,500. This year’s recipients were Austin’s House, the Boys & Girls Clubs of South Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley, Carson Valley Community Food Closet, CASA El Dorado, Christmas Cheer, Douglas County Senior Services, Salvation Army, South Lake Tahoe Family Resource Center, St. Gall and Our Lady of Tahoe Catholic churches, Live Violence Free and Tahoe Youth & Family Services.“During the holidays, everyone at Edgewood Companies is able to give thanks for how fortunate we are, but every year we try to help those who need a hand,” Edgewood Companies Human Resources Manager Jan Garcia said. “We’re proud that we are able to support these amazing organizations that tirelessly assist our community.”
- 'True Squallywood legend' | Tahoe photographer beginning road to recovery after spinal cord injury
- Truckee Police Logs: 86 pounds of pot leads to three felony arrests
- Testimony: Drug dealer and wife gagged, beat and raped victim
- IVGID board chairman, vice-chair blast GM Pinkerton; time for him 'to go'
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly