Larry Michel was born on May 28, 1955 In Fullerton, Calif., and moved to Placerville, Calif., with his family in 1984 where he loved and played with his family. He died unexpectedly on Nov. 24, 2012, in his apartment in Truckee of natural causes.He was a great friend and was a man that loved to help his community and friends. He always had a good joke, he liked to make people laugh. He worked at The Cottage Hotel in Truckee for several years where he did maintenance and became family with Paul Spencer and Carrie Smith. He moved to Truckee several years ago. He will be greatly missed; we love him very much and wish him a happy journey with his parents up in heaven.
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels
- Wildlife officials kill second 'dangerous' Lake Tahoe bear in span of 3 days
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more