Larry Michel was born on May 28, 1955 In Fullerton, Calif., and moved to Placerville, Calif., with his family in 1984 where he loved and played with his family. He died unexpectedly on Nov. 24, 2012, in his apartment in Truckee of natural causes.He was a great friend and was a man that loved to help his community and friends. He always had a good joke, he liked to make people laugh. He worked at The Cottage Hotel in Truckee for several years where he did maintenance and became family with Paul Spencer and Carrie Smith. He moved to Truckee several years ago. He will be greatly missed; we love him very much and wish him a happy journey with his parents up in heaven.
- South Lake Tahoe to consider censure of councilmember JoAnn Conner
- Proposed design breathes new life into South Lake Tahoe's Regan Beach
- Vail Resorts Epic Pass price may go up after Sunday for 2015-16 ski and snowboard season
- Artist lineup announced for SnowGlobe Music Festival in South Lake Tahoe Dec. 29-31
- News briefs: Road work continues, events (updated)