Larry Michel was born on May 28, 1955 In Fullerton, Calif., and moved to Placerville, Calif., with his family in 1984 where he loved and played with his family. He died unexpectedly on Nov. 24, 2012, in his apartment in Truckee of natural causes.He was a great friend and was a man that loved to help his community and friends. He always had a good joke, he liked to make people laugh. He worked at The Cottage Hotel in Truckee for several years where he did maintenance and became family with Paul Spencer and Carrie Smith. He moved to Truckee several years ago. He will be greatly missed; we love him very much and wish him a happy journey with his parents up in heaven.
- Wine Ink: Their own private Idaho — the Lewis-Clark American Viticultural Area
- Possible charges in South Lake Tahoe police shooting caught in law change
- Making Tahoe work takes commitment (opinion)
- Tahoe wildlife officials address bear concerns around the lake
- California, Tahoe-area tree deaths climb to record levels thanks to bugs, drought