Larry Michel was born on May 28, 1955 In Fullerton, Calif., and moved to Placerville, Calif., with his family in 1984 where he loved and played with his family. He died unexpectedly on Nov. 24, 2012, in his apartment in Truckee of natural causes.He was a great friend and was a man that loved to help his community and friends. He always had a good joke, he liked to make people laugh. He worked at The Cottage Hotel in Truckee for several years where he did maintenance and became family with Paul Spencer and Carrie Smith. He moved to Truckee several years ago. He will be greatly missed; we love him very much and wish him a happy journey with his parents up in heaven.
- Will this be Tahoe City's new look? Fanny Bridge project nears vote
- Dredging projects underway
- Gunman on loose after robbing Tahoe pharmacy; $1,500 reward offered
- Truckee Town Council OKs 66-acre development zoning plan
- Workshop on potential changes to vacation home rental rules draws crowd of about 100 people