Larry Michel was born on May 28, 1955 In Fullerton, Calif., and moved to Placerville, Calif., with his family in 1984 where he loved and played with his family. He died unexpectedly on Nov. 24, 2012, in his apartment in Truckee of natural causes.He was a great friend and was a man that loved to help his community and friends. He always had a good joke, he liked to make people laugh. He worked at The Cottage Hotel in Truckee for several years where he did maintenance and became family with Paul Spencer and Carrie Smith. He moved to Truckee several years ago. He will be greatly missed; we love him very much and wish him a happy journey with his parents up in heaven.
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- Ky-Mani Marley releases statement about missed South Shore show
- South Tahoe girls soccer seeks fifth state championship in seven seasons after being dethroned
- South Tahoe football rolls past Sparks 49-19 in season opener
- Barton Health breaks ground on Robert Maloff Center of Excellence