Bread & Broth is very thankful that for the second time this year, Lake Tahoe Community College administrative staff members sponsored a Bread & Broth “Adopt A Day of Nourishment.” Its $250 donation covered the cost of food, serving materials and utilities needed to serve the hot, nutritious evening meal on Monday, Nov. 26, to the needy in our community. Once again, LTCC was represented by a helpful and energetic sponsor team which consisted of Julie Cathie, director of financial aid; Tom Green, vice president of academic affairs and student services; Tracy Thomas, interim director of students and academic support services and Jeff Defranco, vice president of administrative services.In addition to providing sustenance and a safe gathering place for those in need, the Bread & Broth program engenders a spirit of good will for those who volunteer at the evening meals. Helping at their sponsorship dinner was a “wonderful experience, we would do it again! Volunteers and dinner guests were enthusiastic and shared time together,” LTCC volunteers said. Bread & Broth commends the Lake Tahoe Community College staff for their involvement in strengthening the social fabric of our community and their generous monetary and volunteer support of the B&B program.Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Redevelopment of South Lake Tahoe's Knights Inn area may be off the table
- Llewellyn attempts trans-Tahoe swim in support of friend's spinal cord injury nonprofit FindingHUP
- Tahoe Camping 101: Being organized, having the right tools key to success
- Tahoe Town Hall tackles affordable housing; what's next? (opinion)
- Is Ski Run Boulevard the future downtown of South Lake Tahoe?