State Route 88 over Carson Spur was closed at 4:30 p.m. for avalanche control, according to Caltrans District 10 Spokeswoman Chantel Miller. It is scheduled to reopen at 5:30 p.m.
- Six new Tahoe-Truckee restaurants not to miss this summer
- The history behind some of Lake Tahoe's naturist-friendly east shore beaches
- 550-site campground proposed on Tahoe Ridge
- Increase in high-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management
- Ladies night: Monday pickup soccer game blossoms during summer