State Route 88 over Carson Spur was closed at 4:30 p.m. for avalanche control, according to Caltrans District 10 Spokeswoman Chantel Miller. It is scheduled to reopen at 5:30 p.m.
- Wildlife officials kill 450-pound bear after deeming it a danger to humans in Lake Tahoe area
- South Lake Tahoe shooting details unknown
- Bears chased off after invading South Lake Tahoe garage (video)
- Forest Service removes South Lake Tahoe pond
- Squaw Valley should not become Vail or Aspen, development critic writes