State Route 88 over Carson Spur was closed at 4:30 p.m. for avalanche control, according to Caltrans District 10 Spokeswoman Chantel Miller. It is scheduled to reopen at 5:30 p.m.
- Lake Tahoe tuber sustains 'serious' injuries from boat propellers; transported to Reno for medical treatment
- Scientists: Climate change tightening 'alarming' grip on Lake Tahoe
- Three assaults on women in South Lake Tahoe over the last year possibly connected
- Letter: 'Affordable housing in Tahoe is nonexistent'
- Historic Simpson's Jewelers set to close doors after 50 years in South Lake Tahoe