State Route 88 over Carson Spur was closed at 4:30 p.m. for avalanche control, according to Caltrans District 10 Spokeswoman Chantel Miller. It is scheduled to reopen at 5:30 p.m.
- What's happening at Lake Tahoe this Labor Day weekend
- Opinion: Tahoe-Truckee businesses support California climate change efforts
- The ski industry: Tahoe-Truckee resorts partnering more to provide cross-region travel incentive
- Labor Day weekend includes California's second Free Fishing Day for 2015
- South Tahoe paddleboard event supports fight against cancer