As the year comes to a close, I think back to all the people who have made this year so great with their generous giving to the full-time residents at Barton Skilled Nursing. I wish I could name you one by one and help you see what a difference your kindness and giving means to all of us. We are blessed by Harrah’s to be able to have dinner out every month. Heavenly in their grand style took us up on the gondola this summer to remind us of our beautiful surroundings, and the Tahoe Queen let us feel the wind in our faces and see the Jewel of the Sierra we love so much. Each person who works at these places showed us what a wonderful commuity we live in and how much they care. Thank you with all of our hearts!Maureen FroyumActivity director
- National Weather Service issues winter storm warning for Lake Tahoe (video)
- Hiker killed in avalanche in Sierra Nevada
- Curl up with a Kindle: 12 winter reads perfect for the holidays
- Barton Foundation's Festival of Trees and Lights has something for everyone
- Pet column: Should you give a dog a bone?