TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. -The Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe recently announced the winners of the 2012 CATT Annual Awards Competition. The winners were nominated by fellow members for superior craftsmanship, excellent customer service, innovative design, devotion to CATT and community, or other outstanding characteristics. 18 nominations were made in 5 "project" categories and 35 nominations were made in 6 "individual achievement" categories. Winners are:Public Works Project of the Year, Ward-Young Architecture & Planning, Truckee Tahoe Airport Administration BuildingSustainable Building Methods Project of the Year, Kerton Construction, Overlook Place, NorthstarCommercial Project of the Year, Mark Tanner Construction, Truckee Railyard Mixed Use BuildingResidential Remodel Project of the Year, Griggs Custom Homes & Aspen Leaf Interiors, Meeks Bay AvenueResidential Project of the Year, Jim Morrison Construction, Lot 381, Martis CampNew Member of the Year, Michelle Geary, Sierra Sun/North Lake Tahoe BonanzaVolunteer of the Year, Ryan Swenson, Simpson Strong-TieProfessional of the Year, Eric Bacon, Shelton & BaconSupplier/Vendor of the Year, Andrew Cross, Truckee-Tahoe Lumber CompanySub-Contractor of the Year, Gary Crosswhite, Meridian ConcreteBuilder of the Year, Jim Morrison, Jim Morrison ConstructionCATT is a nonprofit trade association established in 1998 representing the broad spectrum of design and building professionals and related suppliers in the greater Truckee/North Tahoe region. Visit www.ca-tt.com for information.
- The Natural: NCIS: New Orleans star Black has been in the business since 10 years old, making fifth ACC appearance
- Five questions with Tahoe-based Revive Interior Design's Jessie Marchesseau
- Mulder wins back-to-back American Century Championship titles, new attendance record set (photos)
- Avoid a tragedy: Why swimming in Lake Tahoe is unique (opinion)
- City approves two-year contract extension for SnowGlobe, amidst venue and financial concerns