For 18 1/2 years, I was privileged to work with an amazing group of women — the labor and delivery nurses at Barton Memorial Hospital. Smart, compassionate, and dedicated, they made my job as an obstetrician easier. They knew their stuff and I could sleep (albeit briefly) at night easier knowing they would recognize a problem and call me immediately. In addition to being good nurses, they were fun to work with; several had quite the wicked sense of humor. Respectful of the doctors, they still knew how to put me in my place if I got a bit too big for my britches, especially the O.B.s, at the end of the week — you know who you are!I love and respect you all and know the patients are in good hands with you. I will miss working with you.Kelly Shanahan, M.D.South Lake Tahoe
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Smoke from Soberanes, Sand fires filtering into Tahoe Basin