For 18 1/2 years, I was privileged to work with an amazing group of women — the labor and delivery nurses at Barton Memorial Hospital. Smart, compassionate, and dedicated, they made my job as an obstetrician easier. They knew their stuff and I could sleep (albeit briefly) at night easier knowing they would recognize a problem and call me immediately. In addition to being good nurses, they were fun to work with; several had quite the wicked sense of humor. Respectful of the doctors, they still knew how to put me in my place if I got a bit too big for my britches, especially the O.B.s, at the end of the week — you know who you are!I love and respect you all and know the patients are in good hands with you. I will miss working with you.Kelly Shanahan, M.D.South Lake Tahoe
- Try Pretty Odd Wieners Hot Dog Cart in Meyers, California
- Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio hits variety of issues in Carson City
- Mother bear, cub trapped at Lake Tahoe to be released in mountains (updated)
- Letter: Where did Seneca Pond's frogs go?
- Lake Tahoe residents, NDOW differ on bear management after latest incident (with video of today's release)