The guests at the evening meal provided by Bread & Broth on Monday, Jan. 7, were graciously served by the willing and helpful employees of Sierra Valley Electric Inc. and two of their family members. The volunteer crew representing the evening’s Adopt A Day of Nourishment sponsor included Nick and Hailey Chandler, Craig and Megan Hall, Sandy Herback and Tim Coolbaugh. It was the first time that Herback had volunteered at a Bread & Broth dinner and found it to be a “very thought provoking and gratifying experience.” She also “highly recommends to other people this volunteering opportunity.”Bread & Broth, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing hot meals to the hungry of our community, is sincerely grateful to Sierra Valley Electric for their sponsorship and donation of $250 for the cost of the dinner. With the financial support of indivduals, club/organizations, churches and local businesses like Sierra Valley Electric, Bread & Broth has been able to provide full-course meals every Monday for the past 23 years at St. Theresa Church parish hall and soup dinners every Friday at the Lake Tahoe Community Presbyterian Church for the past three years.The volunteers of Bread & Broth appreciate the commitment of Sierra Valley Electric, Inc. to the goals of B&B and the less fortunate members of our community.Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Attorney alleges negligence, prejudice in South Lake Tahoe officer-involved shooting
- Obituary: Scott Michael Perasso
- Singled out? With Valentine's Day around the corner, what is the online dating scene like at Lake Tahoe?
- Georgetown narcotics arrest connected to fatal shooting
- Drug agent admits to trafficking in Nevada's Douglas County Court