Staff Report

Follow Me

Back to: News
January 14, 2013
Follow News

Ash believed to be the cause of Saturday house fire

Wood ash left on a deck is believed to be the cause of a fire in Pioneer Village Saturday.

South Lake Tahoe firefighters and police responded to reports of a structure fire in the neighborhood about 12: 30 p.m. and found a moderate amount of smoke coming from the left side of a house upon arrival, according to a statement from the city.

"The smoldering embers allowed fire to creep behind the exterior siding and down into the deck structure," according to the statement.

Firefighters found minimal damage to the building and no interior damage, allowing the residents to remain at the house, according to the statement.

Firefighters were able to leave the scene about 1:30 p.m.

Stories you may be interested in

Tahoe Daily Tribune Updated Jan 14, 2013 08:31PM Published Jan 14, 2013 08:28PM Copyright 2013 Tahoe Daily Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.