Thanks to a Secret Santa and the Kagan and Catton families, a very special meal was served at the Bread & Broth Christmas eve dinner Dec. 24. Prime rib, generously donated by a local secret Santa, was the main course for the dinner. The Kagan and Catton family donated the remainder of the meal fixings, which included mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, fresh veggies, salad and drinks. The tasty homemade dinner rolls and desserts served were provided by Jeanettee Shippee and the Culinary Arts Program at the El Dorado county jail. In addition to their monetary donations, Kagan family members helped in the meal preparation and serving.Cherie Kagan, a Bread & Broth volunteer cook on the fourth Monday of every month, has sponsored the Bread & Broth Christmas week meal for the past three years and she once again led the cooking efforts for the Christmas dinner. “It is a tremendous blessing to be able to gift back to our community in this way during the holidays when so many of our local families in need.”Bread & Broth is very thankful for and fortunate to have volunteers and donors like the Kagan and Catton families and our many anonymous donors like the Christmas dinner's secret Santa. It’s the generous donors of the community which provide funds and volunteer hours that have enabled Bread & Broth to provide nutritous and tasty meals to the neediest in the community.Carol GerardBread & Broth
- 'True Squallywood legend' | Tahoe photographer beginning road to recovery after spinal cord injury
- Truckee Police Logs: 86 pounds of pot leads to three felony arrests
- Testimony: Drug dealer and wife gagged, beat and raped victim
- IVGID board chairman, vice-chair blast GM Pinkerton; time for him 'to go'
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly