The students and staff of South Tahoe High School would like to thank the Rotary Club of South Lake Tahoe for awarding a grant to our library. This grant will be used to fund our annual subscription to the Junior Library Guild, a book-of-the-month service for school libraries. This service ensures that our library will receive a shipment of new books every month.Having new books in the library can be a big help in motivating students to read. Excitement for reading increases when students see the latest books arriving in the library.Many of our students have no access to books in their homes and depend on the school library for their reading books, especially our students who are economically disadvantaged. New books will benefit these students the most.Thank you again to the Rotary Club for ensuring that our library collection is modern, up to date and of interest to our students. Doug DiltsTeacher librarianSouth Tahoe High School
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Avoid a tragedy: Why swimming in Lake Tahoe is unique (opinion)
- Mulder wins back-to-back American Century Championship titles, new attendance record set (photos)
- Letter: 'The Loop Road project is not benefiting the local community'
- Mulder wins American Century Championship, becomes third back-to-back winner in tournament history