Kirkwood rider and Myers resident Casey Lucas landed fourth at the first stop of the Freeride World Tour last week at Revelstoke in British Columbia, Canada. The competition line ripped down a face called Mac Daddy, the most exposed line Lucas said she'd ever hit. She watched some of the best riders in the world struggle down the face, and by the time her turn rolled around the slopes were encased in shadows, but she still pulled off a fourth-place finish. Check out her detailed account, pictures and interview at caseylucas.blogspot.com/
- Erik Roner remembered as a great family man with 'a wonderful love for life'
- Lake Tahoe and El Niño: OpenSnow.com forecasters sound off
- Letter: Squirrel activity indicates El Niño strength
- South Lake Tahoe vacation rental lawsuit focuses on fees, equal protection
- What to know about acclimating to Lake Tahoe's higher elevations