Kirkwood rider and Myers resident Casey Lucas landed fourth at the first stop of the Freeride World Tour last week at Revelstoke in British Columbia, Canada. The competition line ripped down a face called Mac Daddy, the most exposed line Lucas said she'd ever hit. She watched some of the best riders in the world struggle down the face, and by the time her turn rolled around the slopes were encased in shadows, but she still pulled off a fourth-place finish. Check out her detailed account, pictures and interview at caseylucas.blogspot.com/
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Mulder wins back-to-back American Century Championship titles, new attendance record set (photos)
- Avoid a tragedy: Why swimming in Lake Tahoe is unique (opinion)
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- Letter: 'The Loop Road project is not benefiting the local community'