Kirkwood rider and Myers resident Casey Lucas landed fourth at the first stop of the Freeride World Tour last week at Revelstoke in British Columbia, Canada. The competition line ripped down a face called Mac Daddy, the most exposed line Lucas said she'd ever hit. She watched some of the best riders in the world struggle down the face, and by the time her turn rolled around the slopes were encased in shadows, but she still pulled off a fourth-place finish. Check out her detailed account, pictures and interview at caseylucas.blogspot.com/
- Man threatens to jump from eighth-story ledge
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly
- Truckee Police Logs: 86 pounds of pot leads to three felony arrests
- Prescribed burns planned for Lake Tahoe's west, south shores
- IVGID board chairman, vice-chair blast GM Pinkerton; time for him 'to go'