CRYSTAL BAY, Nev. - The "pitbull of comedy," Bobby Slayton, will be headline Tahoe Comedy North Wednesday, Jan. 30, in the Crystal Bay Casino Crown Room. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and show starts at 8:30 p.m. Slayton has performed his own intense style of stand-up comedy for more than 30 years, becoming one of the best known, respected and energetic comics working today.Audiences around the country may recognize the comedian from his roles in movies such as "Get Shorty," "Ed Wood," "Bandits" and, most recently, "Dreamgirls." He's been seen on dozens of television shows including "The Tonight Show" and "Politically Incorrect."Slayton's appearances on HBO have included "Comic Relief" and his own standup special. He was a series regular on the HBO series "Mind of a Married Man," and he portrayed Joey Bishop opposite Ray Liotta and Joe Mantegna in the critically acclaimed film "The Rat Pack."Slayton's distinctive gravely voice has often been heard on animated shows like "Dr. Katz'" and "Family Guy," as well as many radio shows across the country including those hosted by Howard Stern, Kevin & Bean and Tom Leykis.The New York Daily News called Slayton "Armed and Dangerous," and the Las Vegas Review Journal pointed out that "Slayton's refusal to compromise his art has always made him worth a special trip."Tickets are $17 in advance and $20 the day of the show and are available at the Crystal Bay Club, Incline Cleaners, Noah's Video and New Moon Natural Foods. For a complete Tahoe Comedy North schedule, go to www.tahoecomedynorth.com.
- LIVE COVERAGE: Lake Tahoe Summit today on South Shore, with Obama, Harry Reid and others
- Trump hosts fundraising dinner at Harrah's amidst some protesters
- Lake Tahoe CC men's soccer notches first win of season, beats Mendocino 1-0 at Lake Tahoe Invitational
- Strong start: South Tahoe football rolls past Sparks for season-opening victory
- Tahoe Summit a powerful reminder of conservation (opinion)