TRUCKEE, Calif. - Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Dec. 24 to Jan. 7, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers observed a vehicle driving eastbound on railroad tracks. Upon contacting the driver, he was determined to be driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested for DUI and transported to Nevada County Jail for booking.
• A vehicle slid on ice and collided into two vehicles causing moderate damage, but no injuries. The accident occurred on Brockway Road.
• A vehicle was parked in alley way, blocking snow-removal equipment. Snow-removal truck struck the parked vehicle causing minor damage. Collision report was taken.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violations. The driver was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
• A subject reported a stolen Kindle. Later the subject was able to locate the item.
• Officers took a report of hit and run collision to a parked vehicle on Highway 267. The suspect fled the scene and failed to leave proper information.
• Incident report was taken for natural death in a residence on Glenshire Drive.
• Two females stole merchandise from a business on Donner Pass Road and attempted to flee the scene. Both females used force to flee the scene and assaulted two employees. Both females were subsequently apprehended and booked into jail. The charges were forwarded to the District Attorney for prosecution.
• Officers took a report of suspicious person in front of a residence on Riverside Drive. The person was found to be in a domestic violence restraining order. The person was located and arrested then booked at Nevada County Sheriff's Office in Truckee.
• Police received a call for service regarding a male standing at the Highway 267 bridge. Officers contacted the person, who turned to be a juvenile and initially refused to cooperate. The juvenile calmed down and was transported home.
• A subject was arrested on Donner Pass Road for being drunk in public. Once at Nevada County Sheriff's Office the suspect tried to assault the officer. During the attempted assault on the officer, the suspect sustained a cut on his lip. The suspect was transported to the local hospital for evaluation, and once at the hospital, the suspect assaulted officer by kicking him in the leg. The suspect was eventually booked at Nevada County Sheriff's Office.
• While attempting to remove a patron from the bar for being disorderly, the patron bit the bouncer causing a severe wound and punched him with closed fist to the head multiple times. The suspect was later located at his residence and was arrested for felony assault.
• Officers took a report of mutual battery between two friends resulting in minor scrapes and bruises. The incident occurred on Spruce Street. There was no prosecution desired.
• A vehicle was stopped on Highway I-80 and the occupants were detained pending a theft investigation by the Nevada County Sheriff's Office.
• Adult female was cited and released for shoplifting on Donner Pass Road.
• Reporting party called to report harassing phone calls received from a family member, who lives in Southern California. The reporting party requested the incident to be documented for information.
• A subject was causing disturbance at a bar on Donner Pass Road and refused to leave the bar. The subject was arrested for public intoxication.
• A driver was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for equipment violation on Brockway Road and Palisades Drive. Search of the vehicle revealed suspected illegal narcotics. The driver was arrested for multiple drug offenses.
• Reporting party discovered minor damage to his rear bumper that he believed occurred overnight. Hit and run report was taken.
• Officers took a report of a male subject involved in a verbal argument with his ex-girlfriend over community property. No crime had occurred and informational report was taken.
• A purse was taken for safekeeping after being located at a local restaurant for approximately two months.
• Officers received a report of a screaming female on a 911 line. Responding officers contacted an irate female adult on Jeffery Pine Road. It was determined she had committed misdemeanor domestic battery against her husband. The female was taken into custody and booked into Nevada County Jail. Charges are being forwarded to the District Attorney's office.
• Officers located a lost and drunk subject wandering through Tahoe Donner. The subject was arrested for drunk in public and later released without charges.
• Officers took a report of possible theft at a store on Donner Pass Road. After an investigation and review of the surveillance and footage, it was determined that theft didn't occur.
• A resident arrived home on Moraine Road and found his front windows of his front residence had been broken by an unknown object. No suspects could be found. A report was taken for documentation only.
• A subject was stopped for vehicle code violations on Donner Pass Road. The subject was found to be DUI and was arrested. The subject was booked into Nevada County Sheriff's Office Jail in Truckee and the vehicle was towed.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation on West River Street. The driver was driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested for DUI.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop for a vehicle code violation on Highway 80 West. Upon contacting the driver, the officer detected a strong odor of marijuana inside the vehicle. Officer didn't locate any illegal contraband, but found $7,000 in cash. No crime was committed, informational report was taken.