TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. - January is National Mentoring Month. Help Big Brother Big Sisters of Nevada County & North Lake Tahoe celebrate and support mentoring by enjoying a meal at the Fireside Pizza in Squaw Valley between 11 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 30. On this "Big" day out, Fireside Pizza Company will donate 10 percent of all items purchased to benefit BBBS in honor of National Mentoring Month.By supporting this event, you help the organization serve at-risk children ages 6-18 by providing them with the mentors they need. Big Brother and Big Sister mentors are mature, responsible, and caring individuals who serve as positive role models and friends. For more information about programs and various ways you can support BBBS visit www.bigsofnc.org.
- Redevelopment of South Lake Tahoe's Knights Inn area may be off the table
- Sierra House Elementary's two-week program offers more than academics
- News briefs: South Lake Tahoe births, events and more
- What to do with your pet in case of fire
- Bus route from South Shore to Carson City in jeopardy due to funding issues