TAHOE/TRUCKEE - Tahoe SAFE Alliance is calling out to female community members for the 2013 production of The Vagina Monologues.The agency will hold open auditions for those interested in reading for a part in Eve Ensler's award-winning play. Individuals should be comfortable speaking in public, be a team player and have a flexible schedule.Open auditions will take place on Thursday, Feb. 7, 6-9 p.m. at in the Trepp Room at the Parasol Foundation, 948 Incline Way Incline Village, as well as on Saturday, Feb. 9, noon-3 p.m. at the Community Arts Center on Church Street in Truckee.Rehearsals will begin Tuesday, Feb. 26. Multiple scheduled rehearsals and meetings will be mandatory, so individuals will need to be very committed to the performance. Auditions are first come first serve.This year will be the agency's eighth showing of The Vagina Monologues for V-Day, a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls. The 2013 event takes place April 26-27 at the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach."Tahoe SAFE Alliance has long leveraged theater performance as an important way to bring awareness around the prevention of violence and abuse," officials said in a Tahoe SAFE Alliance press release. "Last year, the production, held at the Truckee Community Arts Center, was our most successful year yet."Selling out both nights, Tahoe SAFE Alliance raised more than $20,000 and reached more than 500 community members in 2012, according to Tahoe SAFE Alliance.Anyone with questions about the upcoming auditions should contact Megan Heatwole at Megan@tahoesafealliance.org or 775-298-0010.If you are interested in volunteering, contact Kristy Oriol at Kristy@tahoesafealliance.org.
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Midwest travel agency names Lake Tahoe favorite destination
- 28,000 miles: Family of three travels to South America on motorcycles; presentation planned for Tahoe's South Shore
- Fall is here: Best ways to celebrate the season in Tahoe