Killer Salsa is celebrating 20 years of business with an open house noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at the company's Gardnerville facility, 1425 Industrial Way, Suite C.“The newest product is our dehydrated killer salsa,” owner Fran Pritchard said in a press release. “It comes in a 1-ounce package, and you just add water to make 1 cup — perfect for the backpacker. We will be sampling all seven flavors of salsa at our open house.”During Super Bowl weekend in 1993, Pritchard was working part-time at a mini-mart gas station and talked the owner into letting samplING some homemade salsa. She sold 14 pints.Two decades later, Killer Salsa is being sold in 189 grocery stores in Nevada and California, including Costco and Walmart. The company will soon be starting a demo program in participating stores, allowing customers to taste the product.“Scolari's was our first grocery store in 1993, so we will start our demos with them on Super Bowl Sunday,” Pritchard said.A member of the “Made in Nevada” program, the company also has a display at the Reno-Tahoe International Airport through the middle of February.“Our glass case showcases all the different products sold to restaurants, casinos, and grocery stores,” Pritchard said. For more information, call 781-1523 or visit www.killersalsa.com.
- Lake Tahoe tuber sustains 'serious' injuries from boat propellers; transported to Reno for medical treatment
- Three assaults on women in South Lake Tahoe over the last year possibly connected
- Scientists: Climate change tightening 'alarming' grip on Lake Tahoe
- Obituary: Douglas Harmon Sprague, Oct. 15, 1932 - July 19, 2016
- Letter: 'Affordable housing in Tahoe is nonexistent'