TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. - The North American Ski Training Center (NASTC) hosted an All Conditions/All Terrain ski improvement camp at Alpine Meadows Jan. 27-29. The camp brought 21 people from around the country to ski with trainers Chris Fellows, Bryan Schilling, Barclay Moore and Kimberly Mann. They worked on advanced skiing skills and tactics for the variable conditions. In addition, the visitors were introduced to the Tahoe-Truckee community and the wide array of shops, hotels and restaurants. The next Tahoe-based NASTC camp will be at Squaw Valley, Feb. 26-28. Visit www.skiNASTC.com for details.
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Fall reading picks: South Lake Tahoe Library provides its top selections for the season
- Windjammers Yacht Club wraps up season with Fannette Island Race, LB wins on the water
- When winning is actually losing; an issue with the local banner ordinance (opinion)