TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. - The North American Ski Training Center (NASTC) hosted an All Conditions/All Terrain ski improvement camp at Alpine Meadows Jan. 27-29. The camp brought 21 people from around the country to ski with trainers Chris Fellows, Bryan Schilling, Barclay Moore and Kimberly Mann. They worked on advanced skiing skills and tactics for the variable conditions. In addition, the visitors were introduced to the Tahoe-Truckee community and the wide array of shops, hotels and restaurants. The next Tahoe-based NASTC camp will be at Squaw Valley, Feb. 26-28. Visit www.skiNASTC.com for details.
- Man, 19, in critical condition after nearly drowning in Lake Tahoe
- Motorcycle crash lands man and 10-year-old in hospital
- More studies under way on potential Squaw development impacts
- North Tahoe crime logs: Man hits female in face with hot dog
- Vegan 1 Day Project on Lake Tahoe to raise awareness about farm animals, diet