The Kiwanis Club of Tahoe Sierra, an annual Adopt A Day of Nourishment sponsor, hosted the Jan. 14 Bread & Broth Mexican theme dinner at St. Theresa Church Hall. “Kiwanis is about helping people and we are happy to be able to serve,” one volunteer wrote. “It is unfortunate that these meals are needed but since they are, Bread & Broth is always here to help people who are in need."In kind, Bread & Broth every year has always been able to count on the Kiwanis Club of Tahoe Sierra to make a $250 monetary sponsor donation and send a crew of community service-minded club members to assist Bread & Broth volunteers. The Kiwanis Club of Tahoe Sierra was represented by Richard and Susan Dart, Mike and Marie Foster, Eric Schafer and Pat Frega. The hardworking Kiwanis volunteer sponsor crew bagged and handed out baked goods, vegetables and desserts donated by local grocery and retail stores, served dinner and stayed to help with cleanup.Bread & Broth and the community of South Lake Tahoe is very fortunate to have organizations like the Kiwanis Club of Tahoe Sierra who see a need and act to improve the lives of those in need. B&B is very grateful for the generous and continuous support of the Kiwanis Club in providing Monday evening meals. Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill
- Whittell's Scott Harrison awarded eighth annual Upshaw Scholarship
- Smoke from Soberanes, Sand fires filtering into Tahoe Basin