A 33-year-old Pittsburg, Calif., man suffered a two-inch cut to his forehead after being struck in the head with a bottle early Saturday morning, according to a report by a Douglas County Sheriff’s deputy.The sheriff’s office received a report of a fight in front of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa about 2:30 a.m. Deputies responded and found a man bleeding from the head, according to the report.The man told deputies he was hit the head by an unknown assailant for no reason, but video surveillance shows the man punching another man first. In response to being punched, the second man grabbed a bottle from a bystander, hit the man in the head and left the scene, according to the report.The man who was hit with the bottle declined medical attention at the scene and took a taxi to the hospital, according to the report.
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Mountain lion spotted in Sierra wilderness near Truckee
- Lake Tahoe storm brings 2 feet of snow, cross-country resorts reopen
- Sierra history: Tahoe’s winter entertainment industry grew out of economic desperation
- Leonard Nimoy – Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek,’ former Tahoe homeowner — dies at 83