A 33-year-old Pittsburg, Calif., man suffered a two-inch cut to his forehead after being struck in the head with a bottle early Saturday morning, according to a report by a Douglas County Sheriff’s deputy.The sheriff’s office received a report of a fight in front of MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa about 2:30 a.m. Deputies responded and found a man bleeding from the head, according to the report.The man told deputies he was hit the head by an unknown assailant for no reason, but video surveillance shows the man punching another man first. In response to being punched, the second man grabbed a bottle from a bystander, hit the man in the head and left the scene, according to the report.The man who was hit with the bottle declined medical attention at the scene and took a taxi to the hospital, according to the report.
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Fall reading picks: South Lake Tahoe Library provides its top selections for the season
- Windjammers Yacht Club wraps up season with Fannette Island Race, LB wins on the water
- When winning is actually losing; an issue with the local banner ordinance (opinion)