At noon Monday afternoon, 25 community members lined up to “Join the Mob” at Overland Meat & Seafood Co. Owner Brian Cohen agreed to play host for first retail Ca$h Mob in South Lake Tahoe. Brain offered up all five of his weekday specials for the event and was able to bring in an additional $500 in revenue from mobbers. Word of the Ca$h Mob spread throughout the region and was picked up by Fox40 news station in Sacramento. Ca$h Mobs are a growing trend to promote local business and the TahoeChamber thanks Overland Meat & Seafood Co. as well as all the mobbers who came out to support the cause! Emily AbernathyTahoeChamber
- Letter: 'Affordable housing in Tahoe is nonexistent'
- Best summertime Happy Hours on Tahoe's South Shore
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- Scientists: Climate change tightening 'alarming' grip on Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe tuber sustains 'serious' injuries from boat propellers; transported to Reno for medical treatment