At noon Monday afternoon, 25 community members lined up to “Join the Mob” at Overland Meat & Seafood Co. Owner Brian Cohen agreed to play host for first retail Ca$h Mob in South Lake Tahoe. Brain offered up all five of his weekday specials for the event and was able to bring in an additional $500 in revenue from mobbers. Word of the Ca$h Mob spread throughout the region and was picked up by Fox40 news station in Sacramento. Ca$h Mobs are a growing trend to promote local business and the TahoeChamber thanks Overland Meat & Seafood Co. as well as all the mobbers who came out to support the cause! Emily AbernathyTahoeChamber
- Tahoe-Truckee Toastmasters groups help locals learn to express themselves
- California's 3-foot bicycle law figures to play role at Truckee-Tahoe
- $30 million Tahoe City bridge, highway overhaul gets OK from TRPA
- Major Lake Tahoe wildfire disaster drill Saturday 'a big deal'
- Sierra history: Tracing California Highway Patrol's roots to pioneer days