TRUCKEE, Calif. - Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Jan. 14 through Feb. 3, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers took a report of a prior collision that occurred on Brockway Road at Highway 267. Property damage collision report was taken for information purposes.
• A vehicle was vandalized in a parking lot. The case was closed due to lack of suspect leads.
• A wallet was stolen from a local business on Donner Pass Road. Subjects attempted to use a credit card from the wallet in Reno.
• Officers documented a verbal argument between husband and wife with children involved. The husband had been drinking. There was no crime.
• A single vehicle was found overturned and creating a hazard on a Town of Truckee maintained roadway. The area was searched. The driver or the involved party was not located near or around the scene. The vehicle was towed.
• A subject was provided a prescription for a controlled substance by a doctor. The subject then changed/altered the prescription form in an attempt to be given more of the substance then they were prescribed. The subject was arrested.
• A female abandoned two cats on Riverview Drive after she was advised of jurisdiction issues. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney's office.
• A subject reported that an unknown suspect used her name and date of birth after they were arrested.
• Officers received a report of child abuse. The child was contacted at school and interviews were conducted with the child, her sister and mother. The abuse was unfound. A report for information only was taken.
• A vehicle deemed to be blocking the roadway on Northwoods Boulevard at Lausanne Way and creating a hazard. The vehicle was towed and stored.
• A driver was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol on Deerfield Drive at Highway 89 South.
• Male subject reported a theft of construction tools taken from his vehicle that he left unsecured at the Beacon Gas Station.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violation on Highway 267 at Brockway Road. The driver was found to have a suspended license. The driver was cited and released. The vehicle was retrieved by licensed driver.
• Truckee resident located a firearm at his deceased mother's house and turned it into law enforcement for destruction.
• The registered owner of a shotgun provided the shotgun to the Truckee Police Department for destruction.
• Officers took a report of a female adult and male adult, who have a child in common, who were involved in domestic dispute.
• Officers took a report of faint scratch marks on hood of a vehicle. The reporting party believed her vehicle was vandalized. Vandalism report was taken.
• A victim did not arrive at work which caused her employer concern. A coworker responded to victim's home and found her deceased in the bedroom. Nevada County Coroner responded.
• A counter report was taken for found property on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers reported an injury accident at the intersection of West River Road and McIver Crossing.
• Officers documented a one vehicle, non injury collision with property damage on Washoe Road at Salmon Street.
• Officers took a report of numerous subjects entering occupied apartment on Estate Drive and stealing approximately $2,100 worth of jewelry and electronics.
• The reporting party called in DUI Driver on Highway 89 at Deerfield Drive. Officers located the vehicle; the driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol and was arrested for DUI. The driver was booked at Nevada County Sheriff's Office.
• A vehicle was found unoccupied and high centered onto a snow bank creating traffic hazard on South Shore Drive at Tamarack Road.
• Officers reported a two vehicle, non injury collision involving a town sand truck on Lausanne Way.
• A decedent was found by a family member while checking on the house on Davos Drive.
• An unknown suspect used victim's credit card number to purchase items over the internet without knowledge or consent of the victim.
• A subject pushed his way into a residence on Snowshoe Circle. Officers arrested the subject for being under the influence of narcotics, trespassing and battery.
• A driver was stopped for equipment violation. The passenger had two local warrants. He was cited and released.
• Detectives contacted a female driver during an investigation who was determined to be under the influence of methamphetamine while driving. The investigation revealed the driver was DUI. The driver was subsequently arrested.
• A reporting party requested an informational report regarding a domestic dispute with her live-in boyfriend.
• Officers took a report of traffic collision that occurred on Donner Pass Road within the town limits. A vehicle rolled over on its side; there were no injuries reported.
• A loss prevention officer witnessed a suspect shoplift a skin care product and attempted to leave the store without paying for the item. The suspect was detained and later cited and released for shoplifting. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney's office.
• Officers took a report of solo vehicle DUI related collision on Glenshire Drive. The subject was arrested and booked into Nevada County Sheriff's office in Truckee.
• Outside agency assisted for a Child Protective Services Suspect Child Abuse Report. An investigation determined the allegations were unfound. A report was taken for information only.
• Two subjects with past dating relationship had physical altercation on Donner Pass Road. One of the party was arrested.
• Officers took a report of missing possible suicidal subject on Pine Avenue. The subject was later located at a residence and was transported to mental health hospital.