On a cold day that made for ideal snow conditions, nearly 100 people participated in the Paco's Valentine's Race at Tahoe Donner Cross Country this past Sunday. Far West Farm Team racers dominated the competition, sweeping the men's race and taking top honors in the women's race. Wyatt Fereday won the 15-kilometer event with a time of 37:55, while Gus Johnson was second in 38:28 and Noah Brautigam was third in 38:56. Rick Reynolds (40:54) came in fourth and was followed by Donatas Ereminas (41:05).In the women's event, Holly Whitney took the win and placed ninth overall with a time of 43:22, Cathy Howard was second in 44:30 and former Farm Team racer Kara LaPoint was third in 45:35. Julie Young was fourth in 46:10 and Ellie Phillips fifth in 47:00.Raylene Chew won the 7K junior/novice race, posting a time of 29:03, while Claire Lang-Ree was second in 29:16 and Bri Parker third in 29:39.Alexandra Tinsley claimed victory in the 3K youth race, finishing in 9:34. Rowan Davis was second in 10:22 and Natalie Lang-Ree third in 10:29.Find a photo gallery from the race at http://macbethgraphics.smugmug.com/NORDIC-RACING/Nordic-Races-2013/TDXC-VALENTINES-RACE-2013/27954173_kNTcHD#!i=2359897847&k=RXr8nbL.
- South Tahoe area issues rodent plague advisory
- Try Pretty Odd Wieners Hot Dog Cart in Meyers, California
- South Tahoe French restaurant adds flavor to the food scene
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels
- Sacramento family shares story of hiking Tahoe Rim Trail together for 11 days