TAHOE CITY, Calif. - Proceeds of the Monday, Feb. 18, 4-7 p.m. fundraiser will go to help longtime local friend and Jake's manager Mike Kise offset medical expenses. For a $25 donation, enjoy a buffet of some of Mike Kise's favorite foods at Jake's on the Lake: fried chicken, venison, duck, boar, fish, and more. Drink specials, live exhibition painting by artist Michael Heltebrake, silent auction, and raffle will round out the evening. Buy raffle tickets at Jake's - you need not be present to win. Cash or check donations for Mike Kise accepted and appreciated. Jake's On The Lake is located at 780 North Lake Blvd., Boatworks Mall, Tahoe City. Call 530-583-0188 www.jakestahoe.com.
- South Lake Tahoe vacation rental lawsuit focuses on fees, equal protection
- Lake Tahoe and El Niño: OpenSnow.com forecasters sound off
- Food: Make vegetarian pad thai (recipe)
- South Tahoe football beats Wooster 24-8 on homecoming, wins second straight
- Edgewood Tahoe Lodge a step toward revitalizing South Shore (updated)