TAHOE CITY, Calif. - Proceeds of the Monday, Feb. 18, 4-7 p.m. fundraiser will go to help longtime local friend and Jake's manager Mike Kise offset medical expenses. For a $25 donation, enjoy a buffet of some of Mike Kise's favorite foods at Jake's on the Lake: fried chicken, venison, duck, boar, fish, and more. Drink specials, live exhibition painting by artist Michael Heltebrake, silent auction, and raffle will round out the evening. Buy raffle tickets at Jake's - you need not be present to win. Cash or check donations for Mike Kise accepted and appreciated. Jake's On The Lake is located at 780 North Lake Blvd., Boatworks Mall, Tahoe City. Call 530-583-0188 www.jakestahoe.com.
- Wildlife officials kill 450-pound bear after deeming it a danger to humans in Lake Tahoe area
- South Lake Tahoe shooting details unknown
- Bears chased off after invading South Lake Tahoe garage (video)
- Forest Service removes South Lake Tahoe pond
- Squaw Valley should not become Vail or Aspen, development critic writes