TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- El Dorado County investigates Tahoe Wellness Cooperative
- Delays possible with $3.3 million Tahoe, Truckee highway repaving
- Officials eye new parking standards for Tahoe City, Kings Beach
- California's 3-foot bicycle law figures to play role at Truckee-Tahoe
- Tahoe-Truckee schools' graduation rate continues to climb