TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Lake Tahoe casinos to show Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao fight
- Not if, but when: Lake Tahoe fire season could be busy amid drought
- Two dogs perish in Thursday house fire
- Plans under way to renovate, create two Tahoe City hotels
- Jim Porter: Many registered sex offenders live at Truckee-Tahoe