TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Burning Man draws 66,000; woman run over by art car, killed
- Kevin MacMillan: The transition from Burning Man to the ‘Default World’
- The Tahoe Expo returns with a focus on everything outdoors
- Andy Whyman: Marijuana legalization is right thing to do
- Authorities: Tahoe woman attacked by bear may face feeding charges