TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
Tahoe Donner hosts Ski for Light for visually and mobility impaired
Trending in: News
- King Fire up to 76,376 acres; ‘no immediate danger’ to Tahoe-Truckee
- Man, 37, suspected of starting King Fire; bail set at $10 million
- Ironman Tahoe officials eye smoke patterns; Sunday’s race still a go
- Meet Your Merchant: Riders get back in the saddle at Piping Rock Equestrian Center
- Athletes prepare for Sunday’s challenging Ironman Lake Tahoe