TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
Tahoe Donner hosts Ski for Light for visually and mobility impaired
Trending in: News
- Dense smoke warning in effect Tuesday; King Fire nears 90,000 acres
- Smoked out: Tahoe athletes upset, understanding of Ironman cancelation
- King Fire up to 76,376 acres; ‘no immediate danger’ to Tahoe-Truckee
- Tesla’s move to Reno area draws big interest to region
- Sierra Sun, Bonanza press operator dies after ATV accident