TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association and USFS undertaking ambitious trail work
- Letter: Loop Road, the next step to making Tahoe great
- Group petitions City of South Lake Tahoe for Loop Road ballot measure
- My view: South Shore housing shortages persist (opinion)
- Cattle drive moves more than cows through Nevada's Genoa area