TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Woman, 61, suspected of embezzling $850,000 from Lake Tahoe business
- 'True Squallywood legend' | Tahoe photographer beginning road to recovery after spinal cord injury
- North Tahoe crime logs: Man, woman fight over food, who pooped in bathtub
- Tahoe's Sand Harbor boat ramp won't launch for 2015; others will open
- Social Media Savvy: 5 challenges every small business faces