TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- After 34 years, Tahoe's Ernie's has new owners
- The history behind some of Lake Tahoe's naturist-friendly east shore beaches
- Sibling revelry: Three sets of brothers among Lake Tahoe CC men's soccer team hopefuls
- Six new Tahoe-Truckee restaurants not to miss this summer
- Power and poses: Tahoe Show bodybuilding contest returns to South Shore