TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- U.S. Alpine Championships | Truckee's Tim Jitloff wins third straight title
- 'Castle on Lake Tahoe' property hits market at $26 million
- Longtime Sugar Bowl President/CEO Rob Kautz to retire
- Matisyahu, Greensky Bluegrass announced for Hard Rock Lake Tahoe summer shows
- Truckee land trust plans purchase of historic Donner Summit climbing area