TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Truckee man, 23, arrested on suspicion of felony burglary
- One year later: Tahoe’s Dumpster Pups are all grown up
- Bicyclist seriously injured in collision, driver charged with DUI
- Norm Sayler feted on 80th for Donner Summit contributions
- Canyon Springs: Revised environmental report out for development