TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Two bodies found near Tahoe Daily Tribune office in 15 days
- Tempers flare between Tahoe Forest hospital board members
- Body found near Tahoe Daily Tribune office
- Police: ‘Violent’ man on drugs arrested during carjacking (w/ video)
- Are California agencies using flawed appraisal systems to grab open space?