TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
Tahoe Donner hosts Ski for Light for visually and mobility impaired
Trending in: News
- TV report: Drugs, bugs inside soon-to-be-demolished Lake Tahoe hotel
- Wed. morning update: King Fire up to 18,544 acres; more smoke for Tahoe
- Police search for teenager, offer reward
- CCC to open up new Tahoe Center in Meyers to public
- Ironman Tahoe officials eye smoke patterns; Sunday’s race still a go