TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
Tahoe Donner hosts Ski for Light for visually and mobility impaired
- Bear killed at Tahoe after entering home of 92-year-old woman
- Pilot killed after Cessna crashes in mountains northeast of Truckee
- Suspect in fatal Tahoe crosswalk accident pleads guilty to felony charges
- Paid parking: Fewer tickets, more revenue for Truckee district
- 4-Wheel Bob to cross Sierra via wheelchair