TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
Tahoe Donner hosts Ski for Light for visually and mobility impaired
Trending in: News
- SoCal man, 42, drowns in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Tahoe City man, 21, suspected of DUI in major-injury crash
- Tahoe Keys Marina investigated for illegally grading state land
- Truckee’s Squeeze In ready to franchise; opens Bay Area location
- California water restrictions already in place in South Lake Tahoe