TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- What's happening at Lake Tahoe this Labor Day weekend
- Opinion: Tahoe-Truckee businesses support California climate change efforts
- Labor Day weekend includes California's second Free Fishing Day for 2015
- The ski industry: Tahoe-Truckee resorts partnering more to provide cross-region travel incentive
- South Tahoe paddleboard event supports fight against cancer