TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- K-12 private school to build campus in Martis Valley; Tahoe lakeside option out
- Man threatens to jump from eighth-story ledge
- Prescribed burns planned for Lake Tahoe's west, south shores
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly
- The top five online: Tahoe-Truckee's most-read stories, April 20-26