TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Date night: Hotspots around Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police search for man suspected in bike path robbery
- Obituary: Michael P. Sheehan, Mar. 12, 1970 ~ Nov. 21, 2015
- Weather boosting winter ski resort visitation in the West, Tahoe included
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report more than foot of fresh snow Wednesday