TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- $500 million Lake Tahoe ski resort redevelopment won't break ground in '15
- Tahoe native, FDNY firefighter heads to Nepal to aid earthquake survivors
- North Lake Tahoe casino win dips 15 percent in March
- Tahoe Forest Hospital CEO search firm: Process could take 4-6 months
- Tahoe-Truckee Teacher of the Year: Cathy Tsaniff is fourth finalist