TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Drought impact on Sierra forests starting to show in Nevada
- Orphaned Tahoe bear cubs flourish at Reno rescue
- Harveys Lake Tahoe Summer Concert Series launches Saturday
- Officials seize 1,882 pounds of illegal fireworks at Truckee bug station
- Petition to put Loop Road on South Lake Tahoe ballot moving forward (story will be updated again)