TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels
- Wildlife officials kill second 'dangerous' Lake Tahoe bear in span of 3 days
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more