TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- National Weather Service issues winter storm warning for Lake Tahoe (video)
- Hiker killed in avalanche in Sierra Nevada
- Curl up with a Kindle: 12 winter reads perfect for the holidays
- Barton Foundation's Festival of Trees and Lights has something for everyone
- Pet column: Should you give a dog a bone?