TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
Tahoe Donner hosts Ski for Light for visually and mobility impaired
Trending in: News
- 35 people displaced, rooms destroyed in Tahoe hotel fire
- Lake Tahoe drone company surveys skies as feds work on regulation
- Another Lake Tahoe rescue boat sinks; second in 2 months
- Creek near Lake Tahoe has elevated E. coli levels (updated)
- Kevin MacMillan: Allegations of corruption within Tahoe Forest Health System