TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- Man, 19, in critical condition after nearly drowning in Lake Tahoe
- Motorcycle crash lands man and 10-year-old in hospital
- North Tahoe crime logs: Man hits female in face with hot dog
- More studies under way on potential Squaw development impacts
- Vegan 1 Day Project on Lake Tahoe to raise awareness about farm animals, diet