TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
Tahoe Donner hosts Ski for Light for visually and mobility impaired
Trending in: News
- Horizon to undergo multi-million dollar renovation
- Local pilot survives, wife killed in Truckee plane crash
- Injured bear found at Heavenly being treated
- Chateau project developer makes deal to purchase other parcels; project could move forward as envisioned
- Summer ops plan for Tahoe ski resort nears draft status