TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- South Lake Tahoe shooting details unknown
- South Lake Tahoe historic buildings demolished
- Lake Tahoe is site of wedding-themed adventure race Sunday
- Inaugural ride on Lake Tahoe's Flume Trail to provide incredible views
- Wildlife officials kill 450-pound bear after deeming it a danger to humans in Lake Tahoe area