TRUCKEE, Calif. - On Saturday, Feb. 9, Tahoe Donner Cross Country hosted a wonderful day of skiing, snowshoeing and learning on the trails for both visually and mobility impaired skiers and their volunteer guides. Ski for Light, Inc. (SFL) is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization founded in 1975, modeled on a similar program in Beitostolen, Norway. The mission of SFL is to enhance the quality of life and independence of visually or mobility impaired adults through a program of cross-country skiing.
- LIVE COVERAGE: Lake Tahoe Summit today on South Shore, with Obama, Harry Reid and others
- Trump hosts fundraising dinner at Harrah's amidst some protesters
- At Lake Tahoe, Obama links conservation to climate change
- Lake Tahoe CC men's soccer notches first win of season, beats Mendocino 1-0 at Lake Tahoe Invitational
- Strong start: South Tahoe football rolls past Sparks for season-opening victory