JOHANNESBURG — Oscar Pistorius applied for firearm licenses for six more guns weeks before the shooting death of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp inside his house.Pistorius already had a license for a 9 mm pistol, the gun that used in Steenkamp's shooting, which the athlete says was accidental.In details obtained by The Associated Press from the South African Police Service's National Firearms Center and given over the telephone, Pistorius applied for licenses for a Smith & Wesson model 500 revolver, a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver, a Vector .223-caliber rifle and three shotguns.The applications listed the guns for Pistorius' private collection.The details were given Wednesday to the AP by two separate officials at the government department. They declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak to media.
- Ky-Mani Marley releases statement about missed South Shore show
- South Tahoe football rolls past Sparks 49-19 in season opener
- Summer slidin': 1,000-foot slip 'n slide makes Lake Tahoe debut
- Tree mortality an increasing concern in Lake Tahoe Basin
- Take a hike: Direct route to Marlette Lake leads to serene waters perched above Lake Tahoe's East Shore