JOHANNESBURG — Oscar Pistorius applied for firearm licenses for six more guns weeks before the shooting death of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp inside his house.Pistorius already had a license for a 9 mm pistol, the gun that used in Steenkamp's shooting, which the athlete says was accidental.In details obtained by The Associated Press from the South African Police Service's National Firearms Center and given over the telephone, Pistorius applied for licenses for a Smith & Wesson model 500 revolver, a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver, a Vector .223-caliber rifle and three shotguns.The applications listed the guns for Pistorius' private collection.The details were given Wednesday to the AP by two separate officials at the government department. They declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak to media.
- Attorney alleges negligence, prejudice in South Lake Tahoe officer-involved shooting
- Singled out? With Valentine's Day around the corner, what is the online dating scene like at Lake Tahoe?
- Drug agent admits to trafficking in Nevada's Douglas County Court
- Obituary: Scott Michael Perasso
- Be a responsible pet owner; 10 tips for dog and cat owners (opinion)