JOHANNESBURG — Oscar Pistorius applied for firearm licenses for six more guns weeks before the shooting death of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp inside his house.Pistorius already had a license for a 9 mm pistol, the gun that used in Steenkamp's shooting, which the athlete says was accidental.In details obtained by The Associated Press from the South African Police Service's National Firearms Center and given over the telephone, Pistorius applied for licenses for a Smith & Wesson model 500 revolver, a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver, a Vector .223-caliber rifle and three shotguns.The applications listed the guns for Pistorius' private collection.The details were given Wednesday to the AP by two separate officials at the government department. They declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak to media.
- Tension high over bear management in Nevada side of Tahoe Basin
- Five injured in car accident down Kingsbury Grade Friday; city council candidate and wife confirmed as two of injured (story will be updated)
- Five questions with Tahoe's Talie Jane Interiors' Natalie Malik
- Fall reading picks: South Lake Tahoe Library provides its top selections for the season
- Membership-based airline expands service to and from Truckee Tahoe Airport