JOHANNESBURG — Oscar Pistorius applied for firearm licenses for six more guns weeks before the shooting death of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp inside his house.Pistorius already had a license for a 9 mm pistol, the gun that used in Steenkamp's shooting, which the athlete says was accidental.In details obtained by The Associated Press from the South African Police Service's National Firearms Center and given over the telephone, Pistorius applied for licenses for a Smith & Wesson model 500 revolver, a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver, a Vector .223-caliber rifle and three shotguns.The applications listed the guns for Pistorius' private collection.The details were given Wednesday to the AP by two separate officials at the government department. They declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak to media.
- 5 drought-related concerns for your pets at Lake Tahoe
- Free Will Astrology: Libra, be sure to take good care of yourself
- Truckee land trust plans purchase of historic Donner Summit climbing area
- Will this be Tahoe City's new look? Fanny Bridge project nears vote
- Two wrecks cause injuries, traffic delays