JOHANNESBURG — Oscar Pistorius applied for firearm licenses for six more guns weeks before the shooting death of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp inside his house.Pistorius already had a license for a 9 mm pistol, the gun that used in Steenkamp's shooting, which the athlete says was accidental.In details obtained by The Associated Press from the South African Police Service's National Firearms Center and given over the telephone, Pistorius applied for licenses for a Smith & Wesson model 500 revolver, a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver, a Vector .223-caliber rifle and three shotguns.The applications listed the guns for Pistorius' private collection.The details were given Wednesday to the AP by two separate officials at the government department. They declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak to media.
- Affordable housing woes: Are Tahoe locals being priced out of the real estate market?
- South Lake Tahoe massage regulations tightened
- Man who touched Justin Timberlake's face at Lake Tahoe celebrity golf tournament arrested
- My view: Affordable housing directly impacted by TRPA policy (opinion)
- Tahoe-Truckee weather: Temps hit 90s this week, topping 100 down the hill