JOHANNESBURG — Oscar Pistorius applied for firearm licenses for six more guns weeks before the shooting death of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp inside his house.Pistorius already had a license for a 9 mm pistol, the gun that used in Steenkamp's shooting, which the athlete says was accidental.In details obtained by The Associated Press from the South African Police Service's National Firearms Center and given over the telephone, Pistorius applied for licenses for a Smith & Wesson model 500 revolver, a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver, a Vector .223-caliber rifle and three shotguns.The applications listed the guns for Pistorius' private collection.The details were given Wednesday to the AP by two separate officials at the government department. They declined to be identified because they were not authorized to speak to media.
- South Lake Tahoe shooting details unknown
- South Lake Tahoe historic buildings demolished
- Lake Tahoe is site of wedding-themed adventure race Sunday
- Inaugural ride on Lake Tahoe's Flume Trail to provide incredible views
- Wildlife officials kill 450-pound bear after deeming it a danger to humans in Lake Tahoe area