Trixie was handed off and then abandoned again. She is just 2 years old and looking for a stable home. Trixie has lived with children and enjoys them. She prefers to be the only dog in the house. The labrador retriever mix is about 55 pounds with a shiny, short coat. Take Trixie for a walk at El Dorado County Animal Services, 530-573-7925, For spay-neuter assistance and other support, call the Lake Tahoe Humane Society and Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals at 530-542-2857.
- Travel feature: 48 hours in L.A. — don't be afraid to explore the City of Angels
- Wildlife officials kill second 'dangerous' Lake Tahoe bear in span of 3 days
- Feature: Choose your camping companions wisely when planning your next adventure
- Places to watch South Tahoe Labor Day fireworks
- #TahoeSnaps: Camp Richardson, a momma bear in South Lake Tahoe & more