Other than a puppy that suffered from smoke inhalation, no one was injured after a house fire started at 1601 Estate Court, South Lake Tahoe on Wednesday. Lake Valley Fire Protection District Fire Chief Gareth Harris said the cause of the fire was unknown. The flames burned much of an outdoor hot tub and reached the house's attic before firefighters contained the fire by about 2 p.m.
- Lake Tahoe storm brings 2 feet of snow, cross-country resorts reopen
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Mountain lion spotted in Sierra wilderness near Truckee
- Sierra history: Tahoe’s winter entertainment industry grew out of economic desperation
- Leonard Nimoy – Mr. Spock on ‘Star Trek,’ former Tahoe homeowner — dies at 83