Other than a puppy that suffered from smoke inhalation, no one was injured after a house fire started at 1601 Estate Court, South Lake Tahoe on Wednesday. Lake Valley Fire Protection District Fire Chief Gareth Harris said the cause of the fire was unknown. The flames burned much of an outdoor hot tub and reached the house's attic before firefighters contained the fire by about 2 p.m.
- K-12 private school to build campus in Martis Valley; Tahoe lakeside option out
- Man threatens to jump from eighth-story ledge
- Prescribed burns planned for Lake Tahoe's west, south shores
- Amid low oxygen levels, Lake Tahoe trout relocation goes swimmingly
- The top five online: Tahoe-Truckee's most-read stories, April 20-26