Other than a puppy that suffered from smoke inhalation, no one was injured after a house fire started at 1601 Estate Court, South Lake Tahoe on Wednesday. Lake Valley Fire Protection District Fire Chief Gareth Harris said the cause of the fire was unknown. The flames burned much of an outdoor hot tub and reached the house's attic before firefighters contained the fire by about 2 p.m.
- Six new Tahoe-Truckee restaurants not to miss this summer
- The history behind some of Lake Tahoe's naturist-friendly east shore beaches
- Increase in high-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management
- 550-site campground proposed on Tahoe Ridge
- Ladies night: Monday pickup soccer game blossoms during summer