CRYSTAL BAY, Nev. - Sean Peabody is a weapons expert who dodged a bullet.The comedian underwent three surgeries for colon cancer. Not only did he shed 65 pounds from the whole ordeal, he has used his position as a public speaker to educate men about their health."Most guys don't know 70 percent of men die with either prostate or colon-related stuff," said Peabody, who once taught gunnery school in the Marines.Peabody in October celebrated his one-year anniversary being cancer-free. He is coming to Tahoe next week for another special date: the six-year anniversary of Wayne Wright's Tahoe Comedy North. Peabody will headline the 8:30 p.m. show Thursday, March 7, in the Crystal Bay Casino Crown Room.Peabody performed at one of Tahoe Comedy North's first shows on the patio at the River Ranch Lodge. While laughter, indifference or anger are typical audience responses, Peabody witnessed something for the first time: terror. A bear had wandered up from the river and sauntered up to the comedian."I made the bear laugh and he waved to me," Peabody said. "He just threw me off guard because I wasn't expecting a bear to be behind me."
- Date night: Hotspots around Lake Tahoe
- Obituary: Michael P. Sheehan, Mar. 12, 1970 ~ Nov. 21, 2015
- South Lake Tahoe police search for man suspected in bike path robbery
- Weather boosting winter ski resort visitation in the West, Tahoe included
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report more than foot of fresh snow Wednesday