The Bureau of Land Management has finished trapping 11 wild horses near Carson City it deemed a public-safety threat. They were taken to the Northern Nevada Correctional Center, where they will be prepared for an adoption event March 23 at Silver Saddle Ranch.BLM received several complaints of people feeling threatened by the wild horses, which often cross the Carson River into a more residential area. The trapping has upset residents and activists, who say it's unnecessary and that BLM hasn't considered alternative methods.BLM has said the appropriate management level for horses in the Pine Nut Mountains Herd Management Area is 119 to 179, and that there are nearly 300 there now.
- Mountain lion spotted in Sierra wilderness near Truckee
- Tahoe’s Kevin Murnane remembered for vast community support (updated)
- Town, airport helping close $1M shortfall for Truckee aquatic center
- Police seeking information about burglary, identity theft suspects
- North Tahoe’s SnowFest! continues with fun events this week