Bread & Broth would like to extend its appreciation to the Wyndham Vacation Ownership for their sponsorship of an Adopt A Day of Nourishment on Monday, Feb. 18, at St. Theresa Church parish hall. Their generous donation of $250 provided the funds for the food, supplies and utilities needed to provide the hot, well-balanced meal that was served to more than 80 guests.Bread & Broth was also pleased to have four enthusiastic Wyndham Vacation Ownership associates working side by side with B&B volunteers. One Wyndham associate was Jason Clarke, marketing manager, who “thought it was a rewarding experience helping the less fortunate of our community and we plan to do it again.” Joining Jason were his fellow associates Jennie Asdal, quality assurance representative; Sue Harley, recruiter; and Robert Trew, director of sales. The sponsor volunteer crew did a great job packing giveaway bags and working on the dinner serving line.As a nonprofit, non-denominational, all volunteer program, the efforts of Bread & Broth are contingent upon the generosity of individuals, organizations, churches and local businesses like Wyndham Vacation Ownership. Bread & Broth would like to thank Wyndham Vacation Ownership for its commitment to the South Lake Tahoe community and Bread & Broth’s goal of feeding the hungry.Carol GerardBread & Broth
- Tahoe's Heavenly chairlift malfunction addressed by Forest Service
- Police release sketches of suspects in South Tahoe shooting
- Obituary: Terry Ann McCollum, Jan. 12, 1950 - Jan. 15, 2016
- One dead following shooting at South Lake Tahoe hotel
- Reader Poll Results: Should retailers voluntarily comply with South Lake Tahoe's ban on single-use plastic bags?